1. THE CONTRACT
The contract entered into is between Harbour Holidays, Rock Limited (the Agent) and the person completing and signing the Booking Form (the Hirer). The contract is not effective until the required payment has been received and confirmation sent from the Agent to the Hirer.
Bookings cannot be accepted by:
a. Persons under the age of 25 years.
b. Parties where the majority of members are less than 25 years (except families or supervised groups)
- 2.1 The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum stated in the current property description. (Babies under 2 are not normally counted as a member of a party).
- 2.2 The person who signs the booking form (the Hirer) will be responsible for all persons included on the form and should ensure that they are aware of the booking conditions.
- 2.3 The Hirer must notify the agent of any alterations to the names of persons occupying the property.
- 2.4 The Agent reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over a key to any person who has not complied with the booking conditions.
- 3.1 Provisional reservations can be accepted by telephone and must be confirmed within 7 days by the arrival of a booking form and the required deposit.
- 3.2 Provisional reservations will be cancelled after 7 days without further reference.
- 3.3 To secure a reservation:
a. Complete all parts of the booking form.
b. Send the completed form together with 25% of the total cost of the holiday and administration fee.
c. Pay the balance of the cost twelve weeks before the holiday is due to start (it should be noted that reminders are not sent out)
- 3.4 If the balance is not received within the time specified the Agent reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit.
- 3.5 Bookings made within tweleve weeks of the start of the holiday require payment in full at the time of the booking.
- 3.6 Payment for overseas bookings can be made by cheque drawn on a London bank payable in Sterling to (name of organisation).
- 4.1 Once a booking is confirmed the Hirer is responsible for the total cost of the holiday.
- 4.2 In the event of cancellation by the Hirer the Agent will endeavour to re-let the property, and if successful may refund any monies paid less the deposit, which is non-returnable.
5. BOOKING ALTERATIONS
- 5.1 Any change in holiday dates will be subject to the agreement of the Agent.
- 5.2 Any alteration to the booking by the Hirer will be subject to an administration charge of £50.00.
- 5.3 Any request by the Hirer for transfer of booking to another property will be treated as a cancellation of the original reservation.
- 5.4 If for reasons beyond its control, the Agent has to cancel or alter arrangements made for the Hirer it will make every effort to offer an alternative property of one is available.
- 5.5 If the Hirer does not accept the alternative offered the Agent will return to the Hirer any monies paid, whereupon the Agent’s liability will cease.
6. DAMAGE, LOSS AND NUISANCE
- 6.1 The Hirer agrees:
a. To pay £100 damage deposit per week for the property.
b. That the supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains the responsibility of the hirer at all times.
c. To be responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and clean condition, otherwise a cleaning charge will be levied.
d. To pay for any damage or loss however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear, incurred during occupation.
e. Not to cause nuisance or annoyance to occupants of nearby property.
f. To allow reasonable access to the property by the Agent if it is deemed necessary.
- 6.2 Damage discovered will be notified to the hirer and costs charged against damage deposit and/or nominated credit/debit card will be confirmed in writing within 21 days of vacation.
Occupancy shall be from (4.00pm) on the day of arrival to (10.00am) on the day of departure (the housekeepers have only a limited time to prepare the property for the next guests, and you are asked to respect this) A late departure fee of £50 will become payable if cleaning is delayed.
The Hirer must pay the Agent for all the telephone; electricity, gas and fuel consumed during occupation before departure, unless supply is included in the tariff or by coin operated meter.
- 9.1 In order to ensure that the Agent continues to welcome dogs the hirer must undertake the following:
a. There must be no more than two dogs at the property at any time.
b. All dogs must be kept under strict control at all time whilst on the property.
c. Any fouling of lawns, paths etc. must be cleared up without delay.
d. The Hirer must bring the dogs bedding.
e. Dogs must not be left in the property unattended.
f. Dogs are not allowed on beds, chairs or settees.
- 9.2 In the interest of visitor’s safety and as a result of Government legislation the Agent is unable to accept the following types of dog: American Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Fila Brasileiro and Doga Argentino even where these types are muzzled as required by law.
- Dogs are not allowed in the property. If the Hirer takes a dog into the property the Agent is entitled to terminate the letting immediately and the Hirer remains liable for the total cost of the holiday without entitlement to any refund.
- 10.1 Whilst the Agent makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the property descriptions, descriptions are inevitably subjective and are for guidance only. If there are points of particular importance please contact the Agent to clarify information.
- 10.2 Whilst the Agent has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained in its brochures, Websites, tariffs, leaflets, advertisements and any other form of promotional material are accurate, the Agent reserves the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facilities or amenity.
- 11.1 The Agent cannot accept responsibility for any material loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the property and its, plumbing, gas, electrical, or otherwise, or exceptional weather.
- 11.2 No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage of property (including pets), vehicles or vehicle contents belonging to the Hirer or any member of the party during occupancy.
- 11.3 If due to reasons beyond the control of the Agent and Owner, the accommodation is not available whatsoever, the Agent will refund the deposit, but the Agent and Owner will be under no further liability towards you.
- 12.1 If in the opinion of the Hirer there are grounds for complaint, it is the duty of the Hirer to take it up with the Agent or caretaker immediately and in any event before departure to allow remedial action to be taken. The Hirer should telephone Harbour Holidays Rock on 01208 863399.
- 12.2 It s specifically agreed that failure by the Hirer to notify the Agent of any complaint in accordance with the timescale set out in clause 13.1 will entitle the Agent to refuse to entertain the compliant, irrespective of its merits.
- 12.3 As a member of the English Tourism Council, the Agent has undertaken to observe the English Tourism Council’s Registered Agency Code of Conduct. In the event of an unresolved complaint, the Agent reserves the right to refer the matter to the Council of arbitration.
The failure of the Agent to enforce or exercise, at any time, or for any period of time, any term of, or any right pursuant to this agreement does not constitute and shall not be construed as a waiver of such term or right.
14. LEGAL PROVISIONS
- 14.1 The law of England governs the construction, and performance of this Agreement and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- 14.2 The Hirer agrees that the contract with the Agent is made at the Agent’s premises and that any proceedings between the parties shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the Agent.
- 14.3 Clause headings are for convenience only and do not form part of or affect the interpretation of the Agreement.
INFORMATION & RESERVATIONS 01208 863399.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL PROPERTIES IN BROCHURE